Friday, May 16, 2014

Benefits of Home Ownership and Five Financial Reasons to Buy a Home


By Ken Urman, Realtor

I discovered two excellent infographics about home ownership recently. I wanted to share them with you. I hope you find them both informative and helpful.

The first graphic presents the results of a recent study by the Joint Center for Housing Studies at Harvard University. The focus is on the financial reasons to buy a home. This resonated with me. My father used to say that home ownership was the best way to save money ( see reason number three below) .  


The second infographic was created by HouseLogic, a division of The National Association of Realtors. This large image outlines the benefits of home ownership to the home owner, the immediate community, the city, the state and the nation.

Many of us underestimate the difference home ownership makes to our personal net worth, to our ability to save and invest over our entire lifetime, and how this affects those around us.
 
Whether you are considering a home purchase – especially if you are considering buying your first home – or if you are ready to downsize and sell your lifelong investment, I am here to help you make the best decision to reach your financial goals. Give me a call if you are ready to consider your options and plan for your future.  Mobile: (206) 499-4948; Office: (206) 230-0833. Remember, I’ll bring the coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment